Sunday, January 31, 2016

A wire winder what??

Ally is getting a workout pulling out fence posts!
Don't you think machines make all chores more fun?  Automated vacuum robots, power tools, 4-wheelers, etc...  I love all these too but I'm pretty sure this is magnified 20 times if you're a boy.  A ten year boy.  Or an 80 year old boy for that matter.  They LOVE their automated machines.  I can appreciate them but I don't need to know how they work or why they work.  I just want them to make my life easier.

Enter the wire winder.  Remember my posts earlier about how we built electric fence after corn harvest?  You can read about it here and here.  Well, as they say....what goes up, must come down.  The same is true for temporary fence.  Sometimes the ground is frozen and you can't get the posts back out until the spring thaw.  Fortunately this year, we had unseasonably warm temps and we were able to pull the posts easily.  The only problem is rolling up the miles of wire that you put out.  Luckily we were able to borrow the farmer's handy dandy wire winder that has a small engine and rolls up the wire for you.

Check out this short video clip of my son watching over the process.  It's important to make sure the wire fills the spool evenly.  If done correctly, you can easily unroll it next year and use it again!  This little invention saves us hours of time and frustration getting fence picked up so quickly and easily.  I highly recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!!