Friday, January 15, 2016

Have you seen the Gingerbread Man??

Do you remember your favorite book as a kid?  Or maybe a favorite that your own kids loved?  That you read from cover to cover every.single.night??  Well, for our family it was the story of the Gingerbread man that ran away to the farm.  So imagine my excitement when I got word from my bestie in South Dakota that her little girl's class has lost their Gingerbread man.  Apparently he escaped when the kids were out at recess one day and word had it he might be headed in our direction.

I watched for days and sure enough.... one day I caught a glimpse of the little guy.  I tried my best to catch him but he was way too fast.  So this is pretty much how it went down...


Run, Run… as fast as you can!
Can't catch me, I'm the HOWARD ELEMENTARY GINGERBREAD MAN!!

I ran from Ann and I ran from her friends,
So if you think you can catch me, just think again!
I'm happy to say, it's much warmer here,
Perhaps tell those kids I’m full of good cheer.
I didn’t know Nebraska had so much SUN,
It sure makes winter a lot more FUN!

I love all your cows and all the horses too!
But if you add anymore it will look like a zoo.
I've met the chickens, the dogs and the cats,
So far I’m lucky I haven’t seen any rats!

My favorite was Lexi the Golden Retriever.
She was so nice, I could hardly believe her!
She shared her bed and gave me a snack,
And told me to always watch my back.

The other dog Trapper gave me a ride,
And said they have lots of coyotes nearby.
So I took his advice and avoided the trees,
Knowing it was so much safer for me!

They have two kids named Ally and Nate.
Lucky for me they left open a gate.
So I chased all the cows and had lots of fun,
And away that I went, off on a run!
 
So please tell Mrs. B and especially Ann,
Nebraska is great for a Gingerbread man!
I will be home soon, you can count on me,
But for now Southwest Nebraska is where I will be!


So there you have it... the day I ALMOST caught the Gingerbread Man.  Keep an eye out... I hear he might be headed in your direction!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!!